We are pleased to share with you the programme of the II Festival of Queer Spanish Literature in London – FQSLL. Happening from Wednesday 23 to Saturday 26 November at various venues across London and online.
The II Edition of The Festival of Queer Spanish Literature in London – FQSLL is a meeting point for readers, writers and people interested in LGBTI+ culture in Spanish and in any other language spoken in Spain and Latin America.
The festival’s objectives are:
- Promote Spanish LGBTQI+ studies in the United Kingdom
- Share the latest queer literature written by Spanish and Latin American writers in the United Kingdom
- Remember the roots of queer writing and support the recovery of writers who were subject to censorship and suppression
- Launch some of the latest LGBTQI+ books published in Spain during the past year
- Support new voices in queer poetry and queer theatre
- Build connections between British readers and queer literature written in Spanish and Catalan by promoting their English-language translations
- Build relations between Spanish writers & editors and their British colleagues for potential future literature translations